Lillian Wood Photography

Let Your Photos Tell The Story

Nature Is My Favorite Movie & Music


Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cold & Sunny

 

I cant say I am a fan of the colder weather but it does make it easier to cope with when the sun is shining !

I like the different canvas that the colder weather brings , frost , Icicles , snow and fuzzy birds and critters !

DSC_5236

                                                     Leaves trapped in a frozen puddle !

DSC_5204

I love photographing Fungi each cluster takes on many different shapes , markings and colour !

DSC_5205

DSC_5253

As the cold wind blows these little guys sit in our tree all puffed up whilst they soak up some warmth from what strength the sun offers them !

DSC_5251

DSC_5240

We have two of these little Nuthatch collecting seed and taking it to the tree to crack open and get the good stuff inside !

DSC_5243

DSC_5211

                                                     Bare trees expose left over nests !

Whether  the air is crisp , clear and cold or warm , rainy or sunny  nature changes it’s ways and looks with the seasons and that  gives me a new canvas to photograph and capture all year long !

Photos Taken By Elaine

7 comments:

Crafty Gardener said...

You captured some great photos Elaine. I love the leaves in the frozen puddle. It was cold overnight but it is lovely and sunny today with clear blue skies. Enjoy this weather while it lasts.

Rose, Happy Home Decorating said...

I loved the funghi, until I saw the birds. Both are really beautiful! Thank you for sharing on our blog at the Wednesday linky party!

Rambling Woods said...

Welcome to Nature Notes Elaine.. I am always happy to welcome another nature lover. Nature Notes is small but has been going for about 3 years now and I enjoy it.

I love you blog and all the photos. I thought I was the only one looking at fungi and other things to photograph. I am waiting for more winter birds to come down from Canada. We have at least one red-breasted nuthatch and some dark-eyed juncos and a whole lot of American goldfinch at the feeders...Michelle

Kusum said...

Beautiful bunch of pictures.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely images, the fungi is cool and I love your birds. The Red-Breasted Nuthatch is my favorite. Have a wonderful day!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Beautiful! That first fungi shot is amazing and the nuthatch is so cute

Anonymous said...

lovely Elaine.
All I have seen .