Lillian Wood Photography

Let Your Photos Tell The Story

Nature Is My Favorite Movie & Music


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Clear Deep Sky

 

 

I thought I would take a couple of photos of the moon and a planet as the sky was so clear .  It is known to Astronomers  as  a waxing crescent which means it is working its self to a full moon as each night passes !  To the eye it is just a sliver of light ! If you were to get a pair of binoculars or a telescope you could see the rest of the moon that is shadowed and be able to see thousands of more stars and planets !  The differents between a star and a planet is a star is a huge ball of hot glowing gasses  such as our sun ! A planet is a smaller solid body which does not shine on its own but rather light reflected from a star ! The planet you see here in the photo is called  Venus !

DSC_4399

                                        Click to enlarge if you please !

DSC_4389

         I should of used a tripod  and set the camera for timed exposure but sometimes it takes to long to set it up for my liking, as soon as I see a photo opportunity  I have to take it almost there and then even if it isn't perfect . I sometimes find that photos that aren't perfect can also be the interesting ones !  

As amateur Astronomer's Papa and I often look up to deep dark sky's ! Its a whole new world out there !

                                 

          Photos Taken By Elaine                                  

No comments: