Lillian Wood Photography

Let Your Photos Tell The Story

Nature Is My Favorite Movie & Music


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

EARLY MORNING

DSC_0002

                                                                                            Colourful   sun rise !

DSC_0012

                                                    Canadian geese in their  early morning flight !

DSC_0013

                          They fly around in the mornings and evenings before landing in the river down from us !

DSC_0005

                                                                              The Robin, my favourite !

DSC_0023

                             A starling me darling, the misses, meself and the boys !  From an old poem  me mum and I would recite together!

I'm a Starling Me Darling

  We're starlings, the misses, meself and the boys,
We don't go round hopin', we walks.
We don't go in for this singing all day,
And twittering about, we just squawks.
We don't go in for these fashionable clothes,
Like old Missel Thrush, and his spots,
Me breast isn't red, there's no crest on me head,
We've got sort of, hardwearing...dots.
We starlings, the misses, meself and the boys,
We'll eat anything that's about,
Well anything but that old half coconut,
I can't hold it still. I falls out.
What we'd rather do, is wait here for you,
To put out some bread for the tits,
And then when we're certain, you're there by the curtain,
We flocks down and tears it to bits.
But we starlings, the misses, meself and the boys,
We reckon that we're being got at,
You think for two minutes, them finches and linnets,
You never sees THEM being shot at.
So the next time you comes out to sprinkle the crumbs out,
And there's starlings there, making a noise,
Don't you be so quick to heave half a brick,
It's the misses, meself and the boys!
Poem by Pam Ayres

               Photos taken by Elaine

1 comment:

grammie g said...

Hi Elaine ..it looks like things are springing forward there!!
We are melting at a pretty good rate,and I have a flock of Robins here!!
The sunrise photo is beautiful!!
The poem is a real tongue twister...how in the world you ever recited that I can't imagine!!